The Farrell Apple Leather Vegan Backpack | Navy
- Black vegan leather backpack bag with side stripe detail.
- Made from AppleSkin - an eco-leather alternative made from apples.
- Compartmentalised interior with separate pockets for laptop and phone. Clip for keys.
- Neatly fits a 13" laptop, a phone, A4 documents, water bottle and other daily essentials.
- PETA-approved vegan product.
- Subtle logo embossing.
- Silver-tone eco-brass hardware.
- Organic cotton dust bag.
- Made in Italy.
- Width : 28 cm(11")
- Height : 35 cm (14")
- Depth: 10 cm (4")
- Weight: 780g (1.71 lb)
Apple Leather: Often a waste product from the fruit industry, apple leather is made from peels, cores, pulp, and other leftovers from juicing or apple purees. The high-end leather-like textile is created by dehydrating apple waste and coating it onto a canvas. Often, the resulting material will still include polyurethane, but in smaller quantities compared to traditionally made PU (polyurethane) vegan leathers.
Prominent supplier Frumat offers an apple leather containing 50% apple waste and 50% polyurethane. This results in a material which requires fewer fossil fuels than both animal leather and petroleum-derived faux leathers. At the end of its lifespan, this material can also sometimes be composted.
Sustainably minded brands love apple leather because of its durability and breathability, but also because of how versatile it is – the material can have a grainy texture similar to cow skin, but also be smooth and soft like calf leather. It can be embossed and laser-printed.
Check our Christmas Delivery & Returns page here
As a marketplace, all items are shipped to you directly by our brands, using tracked delivery. If you have purchased multiple items from different brands at the same time, each item will be sent separately.
Our brands usually dispatch items within 1-2 days of your order. Shipping can take between 3-10 days depending on where you are based and where the brand is based. See our Delivery page for full details.
If you have any questions or issues with delivery of your item, please contact us at customers@immaculatevegan.
You have 14 days to inform us of your desire to return an item, and then a further 14 days from the date you notify us to send back the item. See our Returns page for full details.
If you order an item that ships to you from within your own country, there will be not be any additional taxes, duties or fees on receipt of goods.
If you order an item that ships to you from another country, your order may be subject to import duties, which are the result of international trade agreements between countries. However please note that:
- For UK customers, many items made in the EU are also exempt from any import charges;
- For US customers, all orders under $800 are also duty free, which means there will be no additional fees applied;
- For EU customers, all orders from within the EU are exempt from any import charges.
See Taxes & Duties page for full details.