Translating to ‘diamond’ in Swahili, the Almasi boot takes inspiration from the diamond’s clean lines and geometry. This boot is super sleek with a pointed almond-shaped toe, and a covered heel with diamond inspired stitch detailing.
The custom designed zipper pull, also shaped like a diamond, is entirely handcrafted by fair trade artisans in Kenya. Proceeds from the sales of this boot and of all of Sylven styles made with their Kenyan hardware go directly towards new initiative The Better Scholarship - a training and education program for low income students in Kenya.
- Apple leather vegan upper
- Lining made from natural, renewable resources, polyols, or plant-based molecules, are taken from corn, grain, and seeds to comprise a non-petroleum and performance based leather alternative
- 85mm heel height
- Regenerated rubber sole
- Custom fair trade artisan made gold diamond-shaped zipper pull
- YKK metal back zipper
- Covered Apple Leather heel with geometric stitching detail
- Luxe Italian vegan materials
Apple Leather is a bio-based leather alternative made using organic apple waste originating in Tyrol, a town nestled at the base of the Italian Alps. Tyrol is the largest supplier of organic apples in Europe and every year is faced with a significant amount of waste. The cores and skins of the apple waste are taken and transformed into a pulp, which is then bound to a fabric for structure. The result is a ‘leather’ imitative material that structurally holds many of the same properties as a traditional animal leather while remaining completely animal-free.
Handcrafted in Italy. Vegan and cruelty-free.